Chiropractic Treatment for Back Pain
Every human alive is no stranger to pain. Even the most stoic of us have at one time at the other experienced physical or physiological acute pain resulting from one activity or the other.
Back pain, more often than not, is caused by a nerve impingement or biomechanical joint issue. It could happen from anywhere in the neck region to the spine or back to the lower calf of the legs. If it hurts, it warns.
Pain in early stages, is our body's signal telling us that all is not well and the activity or action shouldn't be continued for our own good. But sometimes, we overlook the little nudge here and there until it snowballs into a raging volcano of pain gnawing at us from the inside.
What are some of the "mild" causes of this rude interruption of daily routine and activities?
Back pain could be traced to numerous reasons. The benign ones involving postures, strains, tensions, and the more severe ones, such as disc bulges and herniations can be remedied with chiropractic.
Chiropractic care treatment involves spinal adjustment to treat conditions involving bones and soft tissues, with the aim of healing, easing tension and bringing relief.
Causes of Back Pain
- Awkward contortions which involve angling the body at unusual angles and shapes.
- Struggling against heavy objects that are better off being handled by multiple persons.
- Sleeping on hard surfaces, inconvenient mattresses that are not long enough or fully padded or chairs that keep the spine in awkward positions and angles.
- Persistent coughing or sneezing that just won't stop, eventually becoming body wracking and painful with every a cough or sneeze.
- Prolonged stationary periods during work or anything that involves extended hours of sitting or observing.
- Over-stretching of limbs outside of regular limits to pick up or put down items could induce muscle tension and strain on the spine.
- Activities involving extended bending periods over a long time.
- Extended slouching posture supposedly for concentration also increases the likelihood of back pain.
Chiropractic treatment of back pain involves the skilful adjustment of the spine and muscles to bring healing and back pain relief. It is an alternative treatment that you can try out in seeking back pain treatment for minor/mild back pain or neck pain.
Chiropractic treatment is also used to treat the neck, shoulders, upper and lower body pain. Neck and back pain are popularly considered to be the specialities of chiropractors. Even athletes and sports personalities employ the services of a chiropractor for neck and back pain relief.
How Does it Work?
Chiropractors in Singapore, and worldwide, are all about neuromuscular management of the body system through spinal alignment and adjustment without the regular resort to surgery or medicines.
Spinal adjustment (also known as chiropractic adjustment) carried out using Gonstead Technique is the main therapy or treatment used in chiropractic care. Other technique includes Functional Neuro-Orthopaedic rehabilitation (FNOR), which also offers effective solutions for a wide range of back pain symptoms and conditions.
Visit a chiropractic clinic in Singapore near you, Chiropractic Concepts, consult with the available chiropractor to determine if chiropractic care is to be carried out or not, as in some cases, through diagnostic revelation, may require referral to an appropriate specialist owing to bone fracture or other complications.
In addition to the discomfort and interruption of daily life, pain reduces productivity and induces feelings of helplessness and sometimes, hopelessness.
But don't let the pain weigh you down when you can always try any chiropractor in Singapore with the Gonstead or Activator Technique for your back-pain treatment, neck pain relief or upper back pain treatment.
Life is beautiful. Keep living and loving in good health.
City Square Mall
Integrated Health Centre
180 Kitchener Road, #03-03/08.
Phone/Whatsapp: +65 90629776
Monday: 12 - 5pm
Tuesday: 11am - 7pm
Thursday: 11am - 7pm
Friday: 12 - 5pm
Saturday: 10am - 2pm